Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Be strong, and of good courage!

With the roller-coaster ups and downs of life along with the integral drama that fills the emptiness of boredom, it's really important that we do the best we can to stay strong and make a difference. Stake Youth Conference was amazing this last weekend. On friday night we were able to participate in an ettiquette dinner which they thought was unique. Little did they know........it wasn't. It was fun and educational just not unique. After dinner we were entertained be Full Scale which was an all-mormon acapella group which was phenomonal. They were able the permeate every soul with the comfort of the spirit and create an amazing start to the youth conference. Their performance was able to remind us why the Gospel is so important and why we were all there at youth conference.
Saturday morning we were treated with doughnuts and orange juice accompanied with an array service opportunities. I got to serve at the Opportunity Village Thrift Store. What they do their is very important to those who are less fortunate. We helped organize, stabalize, and sterilize the store. The best part of service is knowing that you were able to make other people's lives happier and easier by making that small wave that would soon cause a tsunami of service acts everywhere. That night we had the priviledge of listening to 12 amazing and talented speakers at the Speech Festival. Topics ranged from dating to trials to even shotguns. Once we heard them we got to go to the dance. Church dances are always very fun to go to. Although not everyone is acting the way they should I know that the friends I am hanging out with help me keep to my standards. Also, they help me keep Lady Kanye from stalking and video-taping me.
Finally we ended youth conference with a bang. Testimony meetings for me are always strengthening for my spirit. They provide that extra little pick-me-up that reminds me that everything will be ok. With an ice cream bar to finish we all went home to spread the word and knowledge we had gained from youth conference. Joshua 1:9 Be strong, and of good courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment